Career planning, career development and succession planning are integral components of an effective HRM. Career plans provides people in the organization a sense of direction, access to career opportunities, and for them to be able to effectively pursue career progress and goals. While outlining career paths is vital, there should also be a mechanism designed to identify and prepare the next generation of leaders.
This three-day course aims to assist HRMPs and managers in helping employees craft individual career development plans, help them become career coach in honing employee’s skills and in exploring various career development opportunities. Corollary to this, this course will enable the participants to install a program that will build a pool of potential successors and prepare the next generation of leaders, thus ensuring continuity and growth towards a high performing organization.
Human Resource Management Practitioners
By the end of this three-day course, the participants shall be able to install programs for both career development and succession management that will enable employees to manage their careers and at the same time identify and develop people within the organization who has the potential to become future leaders.
Specifically, by the end of this three-day course the participants shall be able to:
- Appreciate the need to implement programs for career development and succession management.
- Institutionalize career and succession management in the agency.
- Identify career paths and guide employees in crafting their individual career development plans.
- Identify employees with high potentials in the organization and provide corresponding interventions that will develop them.
- Plan and commit to action plans that will institutionalize career and succession management programs.
Module 1 : The Importance of Career Management
Module 2 : Career Management Concepts and Theories
Module 3 : Career Development Program – Processes and Practices
Module 4 : Crafting the Individual Career Development Plan
Module 5 : The Need for an Effective Succession Management Program
Module 6 : 5 Steps to Effective Succession Management
Module 7 : Succession Management Tools
Module 8 : Identifying High Potentials
Module 9 : Crafting a Succession Management Program
Module 10 : Integration: Action Planning and Commitment Setting
Training Hours : 24