Mentoring and Coaching are workplace learning processes that enable individuals to realize their full potentials. This course will equip leaders and managers with the purpose, principles, processes and practices of mentoring and coaching that will enable them to develop the necessary competencies to effectively mentor and coach others.
Target Participants: Executives, Directors, Managers, and Division Chiefs or equivalent positions
By the end of this two-day course, participants shall be equipped with the purpose, principles, processes and practices of mentoring and coaching that will enable them to develop the necessary competencies to effectively mentor and coach others.
Specifically, by the end of this two-day course, the participants shall be able to:
- Appreciate mentoring and coaching as effective workplace learning approaches.
- Explain key concepts and differentiate mentoring form coaching.
- Conduct mentoring and coaching conversations that facilitate learning.
- Manage mentoring and coaching relationships be establishing a conducive environment.
- Assess self against mentoring and coaching competencies and commit to develop self in identified competency gaps.
- Identify and commit to implement strategies and action plans that will continually develop employees in the workplace.
Module 1: Mentoring and Coaching as Workplace Learning Approaches
Module 2: Mentoring and Coaching Concepts
Module 3: Mentoring and Coaching Conversations
Module 4: Mentoring and Coaching Relationships
Module 5: Mentoring and Coaching Competencies
Module 6: Mentoring and Coaching Strategies and Action Plans
NOTE: A certificate of completion with sixteen (16) leadership and managerial training hours will be given to participants who have successfully completed the program/course.