This is a three (3)-day course that will enable middle-level HR Management Practitioners to review their existing performance management system and rewards and recognition program and formulate a strategic approach to performance management. The course emphasizes the linkage between individual employee performance to the organizational performance through properly crafted SMART Objectives. The course also emphasizes the use of mentoring and coaching to monitor and continually improve performance.
Middle Level Human Resource Management Practitioners
By the end of the course, the participants shall be able to acquire the competency to strategically manage individual and organizational performance by reviewing and enhancing their existing performance management system.
Specifically, by the end of this three (3) – day course, the participants shall be able to:
- Appreciate the need to develop and administer a Strategic Performance Management System;
- Discuss the purpose, principles, processes and practices of Strategic Performance Management System;
- Develop SMART objectives and identify appropriate indicators and targets;
- Discuss programs that recognize and reward performance;
- Discuss the application and the process of mentoring and coaching in relation to managing and improving performance; and
- Plan and commit to review and enhance their respective performance management system and rewards and recognition program.
Module 1: Introduction: The Need for an Effective Performance Management System
Module 2: The Strategic Performance Management System
Module 3: Linking OPCR and IPCR through SMART objectives
Module 4: Rewards and Recognition Programs
Module 5: Coaching and Mentoring as interventions in improving performance
Module 6: Integration: Action Planning and Commitment Setting
Training Hours: 24