This is a three-day course that will enable middle-level HR Practitioners to identify HR strategies that will directly and effectively support their respective organizations to achieve strategic directions by adopting a strategic mind-set and an integrated approach to HR Management.
Middle Level Human Resource Management Practitioners
By the end of the course, the participants shall be able to adopt a strategic mindset and an integrated approach to HR management by reviewing organization strategic directions and identifying, prioritizing and applying appropriate HR strategies.
Specifically, by the end of the course, the participants shall be able to:
- Appreciate the need to apply strategic HR principles and practices to build organizational capability that will enable organizations to achieve their respective strategic directions.
- Appreciate PRIME HRM as a measure of HR capability and commit to pursue higher maturity levels in HR.
- Differentiate strategic from transactional HR practices.
- Discuss how the integration of the HR Sub-functions enable strategic HR.
- Discuss the four roles of HR professionals according to the Ulrich Model.
- Discuss the application of Strategic HR in specific cases.
- Understand and appreciate the importance of change management in implementing strategic HR.
- Plan and commit to implement HR strategies in their respective organizations.
Module 1: Introduction: The Need for Strategic HR
Module 2: PRIME HRM
Module 3: Transactional vs. Strategic HR
Module4: HR Strategies and Interventions
Module 5: Strategic Thinking
Module 6: Strategy Development Planning Process Applied to HR
Module 7: Change Management
Module 8: Integration: Action Planning and Commitment Setting
NOTE: A certificate of completion with twenty-four (24) leadership and managerial training hours will be given to participants who have successfully completed the program/course.