This workshop aims to enable prospective facilitators to gender sensitize their participants by being gender sensitive themselves. This is achieved by exploring and articulating gender issues, clarifying differences between sex and gender, revealing the roles of society and its institutions in perpetuating gender discrimination/bias as manifested through marginalization, multiple burden, stereotyping, personal development, and violence against women. The workshop also aims to equip prospective facilitators with presentation and facilitation skills to efficiently and effectively conduct Gender Sensitivity Seminar in their respective agencies.
Target Participants: Gender and Development (GAD) Champions
By the end of this four-day workshop, participants shall be able to facilitate Gender Sensitivity Seminars.
Specifically, by the end of this four-day workshop, the participants shall be able to:
- Internalize gender issue, become gender sensitive, and commit to gender and development.
- Enhance and strengthen gender-awareness and capacities on the following:
- Concepts of sex and gender;
- Process of socialization and the role of various social institutions in the establishment and maintenance of differentiated gender identity and roles;
- Relating concrete experiences with the larger issues of social structure; and
- Manifestations of gender bias;
- Appreciate the need for advocating Gender Equality.
- Discuss the relevant laws, policies, and initiatives on Gender and Development.
- Demonstrate presentation and facilitation skills in conducting GSS.
Module1: Concepts on sex and gender
Module 2: Socialization and the role of various social institutions and their impact
Module 3: Gender roles
Module 4: Gender bias
Module 5: Women’s issues
Module 6: Gender equality, equity and women empowerment
Note: Learning Facilitation is offered as a separate workshop
Training Fee: Php10,000.00
Training Hours : 32
NOTE: A certificate of completion with thirty-two (32) leadership and managerial training hours will be given to participants who have successfully completed the program/course.
REGISTER ONLINE (FULLY BOOKED)