About the Program
The Leadership and Management Certification Program (CPro) provides an alternative qualification for Division Chief and equivalent positions by ensuring that candidates possess the necessary leadership competencies that will make them effective in the position through training and assessment.
There are two tracks to achieve certification
- The Training Track wherein candidates participate in the 10-day Leadership and Management Development Course (LMDC) consists of five modules designed to enable participants to develop the Five Leadership competencies: Thinking Strategically and Creatively, Leading Change, Building Collaborative and Inclusive Working Relationships, Managing Performance and Coaching for Results and Creating and Nurturing High Performing Organizations. A 90-day Action Learning Project shall be undertaken to provide opportunity for participants to demonstrate the leadership competencies.
- The Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Track wherein candidates who feel that they have already acquired the competencies through actual work experience may opt to directly undertake assessment instead of going through formal training after passing the pre-qualifying written test.
Priority 1: Those who are designated as Officer-in-Charge to Division Chief or equivalent positions due to lack of master’s degree
Priority 2: Those being considered for the Division chief or Executive/managerial positions
Priority 3: Those already appointed to the Division chief or Executive/managerial positions but need to further develop their leadership competencies
Priority 4: Those in the private sector planning to establish a career in the public sector
Whether candidates opted for the RPL or the Training Track, they shall undertake a competency assessment consisting of: written test to determine conceptual knowledge; portfolio review to determine adequate practice of the competencies; and, behavioral event interview, to further probe competencies presented in the portfolio.
A successful passing of the competency assessment in all of the five leadership competencies shall earn the candidate a Certificate in Leadership and Management, which can be used as an alternative qualification to the educational requirement of a Master’s Degree for appointment to Division Chief and/or equivalent.
- Training Track- Php 57,400.00 (FULLY BOOKED)
LMDC Php 30,000.00
Assessment Php 27,400.00
- RPL Track- Php 29,100.00
Pre-Qualifying Written Test Php 1,200.00
Assessment Php 27,900.00
The program consists of five modules designed to develop, assess and certify prospective as well as current leaders against the Five Leadership Competencies: Thinking Strategically and Creatively, Leading Change, Building Collaborative and Inclusive Working Relationships, Managing Performance and Coaching for Results, Creating and Nurturing High Performing Organization.
By the end of the 10-day workshop and the 90-day Action Learning Project implementation, participants shall be able to demonstrate through appropriate evidences competencies on the Five Leadership Competencies.
Specifically, by the end of the 10-day workshop, the participants shall be able to acquire the purposes, principles, processes and practices that will enable them to:
- Develop strategic and innovative ideas and solutions to enhance organizational effectiveness and responsiveness using a set of thinking tools.
- Prepare a draft of a Change Management Plan that would support the execution of Action Learning Project (ALP).
- Apply tools to foster collaborative and inclusive working relationships in the work setting.
- Use coaching in work setting to enhance performance of their respective units and subordinates.
- Identify ways to enhance their respective work units’ purpose and results orientation, client focus and employee engagement.
Five (5) Leadership Competencies (10 days)
Module 1: Thinking Strategically and Creatively
Module 2: Leading Change
Module 3: Building Collaborative and Inclusive Working Relationships
Module 4: Managing Performance and Coaching for Results
Module 5: Creating and Nurturing High Performing Organization
2. Action Learning Project (90 days with 6 coaching sessions)